DigitalArt4Climate is a multi-stakeholder partnership initiative which uses blockchain technology (non-fungible tokens/NFTs) to turn artwork into digital assets, which can be collected and traded, thus opening up a socio- technological innovation space which helps to unlock unprecedented potentials for resource mobilization in support of Sustainable Development Goals/ UN Agenda2030 implementation in general and Action for Climate Empowermentin particular.
Why a Designathon?
In order to design the initiative’s front-end solutions in a time efficient and attractive manner, the DigitalArt4Climate consortium decided to invite the „crowd“ of designers, software and game developers to help design – under the guidance of the DigitalArt4Climate Lead Technology Partner Unique Network NFT Platform, which provides the blockchain based back-end of the DigitalArt4Climate digital collectibles/NFTs solution and the Lead Creative Community partner of the DigitalArt4Climate initiative, Exquisite Workers – the user experience (UX)/user interface (UI) of the DigitalArt4Climate platform and app as well as easy to use software solutions for participating artists, collectors, the climate action community and the general public.
What: Crowdsourcing of design and software solutions for a digital collectibles /NFTs platform and app in the context of the all of society climate action empowerment initiative #DigitalArt4Climate, which is using blockchain technology based digital collectibles (non-fungible tokens/NFTs), to document, tokenize, trade and gamify contributions to local and global climate action empowerment in the context and in support of the Action for Climate Empowerment program of the United Nations (links to further information: https://www.glocha.org/digitalart4climate/ & Video on demand of the first presentation of the initiative 4th of June 2021 in the context of the World Environment Day 2021: https://youtu.be/SsgTJqfeByI?t=3262)
Aims of the Designathon:
(1) Finding UX/UI (User experience/User interface) design solutions (the “look and feel”) for (a) a digital art collectibles/NFTs platform and app for artists, collectors, the public and (b) a #DigitalArt4Climate marketplace for digital art collectibles/NFTs trading, which is envisaged as some kind of foundation for a future Action for Climate Empowerment resource mobilization marketplace on which different types of contributions to local and global climate action empowerment (art, ideas, funding, volunteering, etc.) as well as verified climate action outcomes/impact will be presented and traded as unique digital collectibles/NFTs, thus enabling new forms of innovative climate related social entrepreneurship
(2) Development of Front-end software solutions for the DigitalArt4Climate initiative, built on the backend of the technical ecosystem of the Unique network NFT platform for the Polkadot and Kusama proof-of-stake blockchain ecosystem (Tech details: https://unique-network.readthedocs.io/en/latest/)
(3) forming a community of design and software solutions providers, who will work with the #DigitalArt4Climate consortium on implementation of the identified solutions and designs
|Who(Organizer)||The hackathon is being organized by the UN accredited civil society organization IAAI International Association for the Advancement of Innovative Approaches to Global Challenges IAAI GloCha in partnership with the UN Habitat Youth Programme (=Lead UN Partner of the initiative), Unique Network NFT Platform (Tech Partner), Exquisite Workers (Creative Community Partner), Hubzine Italy and Social Alpha Foundation|
|Who(Participants)||UX UI designer, web designer, digital market place designersindividuals and teams|
Website/Landing Page: https://www.glocha.org/digitalart4climate-designathon/
- monetary: 500 € for the best design solutions and 500 € for the best software solution
- non-monetary: (1) participation in DigitalArt4Climate hackathon award ceremony on 12th of August (=launch of the DigitalArt4Climate Call for Art) and potentially also in future DigitalArt4Climate edutainment shows and (2) opportunity to work with DigitalArt4Climate consortium (especially Unique Network tech team on the implementation of the winning solutions and potential employment opportunities)
Designathon Communication: Discord (link will be shared upon completed registration)
- Technical Applicability