With live and on-demand webcast on UN WebTV
On 26th of June 1945 – exactly 75 years ago – representatives of national governments signed the UN Charter. The world has changed significantly since then. The nature of global challenges has changed and people all over the world more than ever before feel united in a community of destiny challenged i.a. by the climate change crisis and the health crisis caused by COVID19.
The organizers of the “#AllOfSociety #DigitalCooperation for #GlobalGoals” webinar want to use the momentum of the #UN75 celebration and the recent presentation of the “Roadmap for Digital Cooperation” and the “UN Data Strategy for Action by Everyone, Everywhere” by the UN Secretary General to envision new – digitally empowered futures for the United Nations system in which all of society and especially youth and local communities will be engaged in a meaningful and rewarding manner.
For this future oriented discussion, we have organized this webinar to create a virtual forum to collaboratively reflect on the current operating system of global community and to explore new avenues for the enhanced mobilization of action and resources of non-state actors for better delivery of public good on local and global level, guided by the Sustainable Development Goals/Agenda2030.
- Miroslav Polzer, Founder and CEO of IAAI GloCha; Focal Point Digital Innovation Community – Climate Chain Coalition
- Martin Wainstein, Yale Open Innovation Lab – Open Climate Collabathon
- Ali Mustafa, International Youth Conference – Generation Next Voice of Youth, IAAI UN DGC youth delegate
- Douglas Ragan, UN Habitat, Programme Management Officer – Children and Youth, Human Rights & Social Inclusion Unit
- Hawa Diallo, UN Department for Global Communication (DGC), Outreach Department, Civil Society Unit
- Margo Lazaro, President & Chair of the NGO Committee on Sustainable Development-NY, Co-Founder/CSO of the SDG Impact Awards, UN2020 Coordinating Partner
- Eric Apelgren, Head, International Governance and Relations – EThekwini Municipality – City of Durban, South Africa
- Jovan Kurbalija, Diplo Foundation Geneva – Keynote 1 (10 minutes): Multistakeholder Governance Innovation – Lessons Learned from the Internet Governance Forum
- Vienna Looi, UN RebootTheEarth winner, eco, COALA.global, Stanford CodeX/Zero Degree Project, Economic Space Agency – Keynote 2 – Envisioning a digitally empowered economic system for a sustainable world
- John Crowley – UNESCO MOST – Keynote 3: Global Public Sector Innovation empowered by Digital Innovation
- Yu Ping Chan, Senior Programme Officer, Office of the Under-Secretary General and Special Advisor on Preparations for the 75th UN Anniversary & the High Level Panel on Digital Cooperation
- Miroslav Polzer, IAAI GloCha & Martin Wainstein, Yale Open Innovation Lab: Presentation of the Outcomes of the “Envisioning a People’s COP webinar” https://youtu.be/w0c7dWQy9aI Digital Climate Pact & Open Climate Collabathon
- Alexandre Caldas, Chief, Country Outreach, Technology, Innovation and Big Data Branch, UN Environment
- Yunus Arikan, ICLEI/LGMA local authorities constituency – Digital Cooperation towards globally connected and empowered local communities – the key to a sustainable world
- Timothy Damon, Global Youth Development Institute & Education, Communication and Outreach Community ECOS
- Wiseman Mkhize, City of Durban, Clermont Choir and IAAI South Africa representative – Music & Cities & Africa
- Discussion of questions and comments from the chat
- Yu Yang (Neo) Lin, ECO2 Ledger
- Marie-Laure Burgener, GreenGoWeb