Thursday August 12th 2021 4-6 PM CEST
|In commemoration of the International Youth Day (IYD) 2021, the DigitalAr4Climate initiative celebrates and mainstreams meaningful and rewarding youth engagement in sustainable development goals implementation and launches its art competition as an innovative mechanism to engage the creative community and to mobilize resources for youth climate action empowerment in the run-up to the 2021 UN Climate Conference COP26.
Welcome by the Moderators:
- Timothy Damon, Global Youth Development Institute, YOUNGO (UNFCCC Youth Constituency) ACE Working Group & ECOS (Climate Education, Communication and Outreach Stakeholders Community)
- Quratulain Tejani, IAAI youth delegate to the UN HQ in NY, co-founder Generation Next Youth network
Part 1 – Action for Climate Empowerment flagship initiatives & Youth Climate Action Empowerment Needs
- Miroslav Polzer IAAI GloCha – Systemic Solutions for Youth Climate Action Empowerment (ACE_AT, IAAI COP26 pavilion, DigitalArt4Climate, DigitalArt4Climate/ACE marketplace, ACE Youth Fund)
- Doug Ragan, UN Habitat Youth Programme & The World Environment Situation Room Youth Engagement Programme
- Emmanuel Tachie-Obeng, Deputy Director Climate Change EPA Ghana & UNFCCC ACE National Focal Point in Ghana – Action for Climate Empowerment Innovation for and with youth in Ghana/Africa
Part 2 – DigitalArt4Climate Art Competition Launch by UN Habitat Youth Programme, IAAI GloCha and the Consortium Partners
- Miroslav Polzer IAAI GloCha
- Anna Dart, Exquisite Workers and creative director of the DigitalArt4Climate initiative
- Irina Karagyaur, Unique Network NFT Platform
- Prescille Cernosia or/and Katherine Foster Social Alpha Foundation
- Domenico Vito/Hubzine Italy (DigitalArt4Climate Marketplace UX/UI Designathon Coordinator) & Pravanjan Patnaik/Palette69 (UX/UI Design Mentor) & Wisdom Osenemendia (DigitalArt4Climate Designathon participant) & Daniel Thomas (Unique Network NFT Platform) – Pathways towards the DA4C Marketplace
Launch of the DigitalArt4Climate Art Competition: Themes, terms, conditions and submission process (visit https://digitalart4climate.space/ for more info)
Questions and Answers Session and Closing
International Youth Day is celebrated annually on 12 August to bring youth issues to the attention of the international community and celebrate the potential of youth as partners in today’s global society.
International Youth Day (IYD) gives an opportunity to celebrate and mainstream young peoples’ voices, actions and initiatives, as well as their meaningful, universal and equitable engagement.
DigitalArt4Climate is a multi-stakeholder partnership initiative which uses blockchain technology to turn art into digital assets or NFTs, which can be collected and traded, thus opening up a socio-technological innovation space which helps to unlock extraordinary potential for resource mobilization and climate empowerment. www.digitalart4climate.space/ – explanatory video: www. youtu.be/UObkHpLTjDk
| UN Habitat, IAAI and GloCha Action for Climate Empowerment (ACE) flagship initiatives: – Action for Climate Empowerment Innovation project ACE_AT www.action4climate.support/ – https://unfccc.int/news/action-for-climate-empowerment-new-drive-for-society-wide-climate-action
– ACE & Digital Innovation pavilion at the UN Climate Change conference COP26 in November 2021 in Glasgow,
– the World Environment Situation Room youth engagement programme www.wesr.unep.org/citizen